Digital Learning Resource Development For Mathematics and Sciences (Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
Invictus Global Schoolhouse is looking to hire experienced teachers to develop digital learning resources for Mathematics and Sciences (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) on contract. The target level of the learning resources is for students preparing for Cambridge International Examinations at both IGCSE and A-levels.
The specific responsibilities include the development of:
- Self-directed digital learning resources such as videos, worksheets, formative and diagnostic assessments, practical or investigation worksheets,
- Lesson plans and tutoring guides for online and onsite teacher-facilitated learning,
The contract will be to develop digital learning resources for a topic in the syllabus. This will be a freelance contract and we pay competitive rates for the development work. We provide technical support for development work such as graphics, animation, and videos. The focus of the development work will be the design and conceptualisation of learning resources suitable for self-directed learning and teacher-facilitated learning for both online and onsite learning.
We also welcome suitable candidates from all over the world as the development work does not require working in an office.
Overview of job scope
- Planning and producing videos for asynchronous and independent learning
- Planning and developing student notes and worksheets (with solutions), self-practice worksheets, practical/investigation worksheets.
- Curating and developing formative and diagnostic assessments to support asynchronous, independent learning.
- Developing detailed lesson plans that explain how resources are intended to be used for both asynchronous and synchronous learning.
Desired skills and dispositions
- Good bachelor degree in the relevant subject or equivalent
- Professional certification in education or equivalent, e.g. Post-Graduate Diploma in Education from NIE (Singapore), Bachelor of Education
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience in the relevant subject area preferably in the IB Programme, Cambridge International A-Level or Singapore A-Level
- Knowledge of curriculum, pedagogy (especially inquiry-based and concept-based approaches), assessment literacy and meaningful application of IT in learning
- At least an intermediate level of fluency in using Microsoft Office applications
- Willingness to learn and try new technological tools as part of the resource creation process
- Knowledge and experience in video editing will be advantageous but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter demonstrating the use of initiative while showing flexibility and adaptability
- Lifelong learner
- Team player
- Email your CV to email@example.com clearly stating the position you are applying for. For example, “Application for the role of Content Developer for Physics”.
- If you are shortlisted, you will be expected to submit samples of lesson resources that you have developed. The submission of video-based learning resources would be preferred.
- If you do not have existing videos, we will be asking you to create 2, 30-sec videos using functions available in Microsoft PowerPoint. The requirements will be sent to you.
- We regret that we will only be able to notify shortlisted candidates.